Portal Engineering Spray Contest : Complete!
Start: June 2nd, 2010 @ 5:00 PM EST, End: June 22nd, 2010 @ 5:00 PM EST
Congratulations to the contest winners!
Missed it? Join today.
The Portal Engineering Spray Contest is for creative sprays that relate to the Portal game series and/or the Team Fortress 2 Engineering Class.
The Prizes & Trophies
APB : All Points Bulletin gifted to your Steam account, your profile featured on the gamesprays.com homepage and a Gold Gamesprays Trophy for your member profile. If the winner already purchased the game or simply does not want the game, then they may choose a game of equal or lesser value from Steam's vast selection. Winner must have Steam in order to receive the game prize. Gamesprays.com will contact the winner for their Steam ID. Learn how to enter.
* Prize includes initial purchase of APB : All Point Bulletin on Steam. Steam includes 50 hours Action District gameplay and unlimited Social District gameplay. Also includes 100 RTW Points. After initial purchase, it is up to the winner whether to purchase additional online play time. Game releases on June 29th, contest ends on the 22nd, so winner will have to wait a few days for prize or...
* Alternate Steam Game of Choice must be of equal or lesser value of the game prize ($50)
2nd & 3rd Place
A silver or bronze Gamesprays Trophy in your member profile and featured as runners up on the homepage.
All Participants : Gamesprays Contest Token
Everyone that participates will receive a unique Gamesprays Contest Token displayed on their member profile. Trophies and tokens are contest specific, collectibles. =)
- Create & Submit up to 5 Sprays.
- Spray content MUST reference Valve's Portal Games and/or the TF2 Engineer Class.
- If a reference is not obvious, write it in the spray description.
- Be creative. Do not take them from another site. Inspiration is ok. Remakes are ok. Straight copying is NOT.
- No, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, or harassing content will be approved.
- Additionally, sprays that feature content solely for sexual / provocative reasons will not be approved for the contest.
- Submit sprays with the standard spray submission form. Check the "Enter into Contest" checkbox.
- You can submit up to 5 sprays. Your score is the total combined downloads during the contest.
- Only one spray is required to be eligible to win the contest.
- Spray review process is in place.
- Sprays are typically reviewed within 1 - 24 hours.
- A queue will release sprays first in, first out at a 30 minute interval.
- No purchase necessary. Free gamesprays account is required to participate.
- You agree to the legal terms and you're eighteen(18) years of age or older (and have your parent/legal guardian's permission to enter should you be a minor in your state/country of residence).
Basically, you make sprays others want to download. Your score is the combined download total that your sprays accumulate during the contest period. By having the score based on total downloads, general visitors unknowingly vote by downloading sprays. Higher quality or creative sprays are naturally downloaded more often. It may take only one epic spray to win the entire contest. Spray wisely.
Feel free to promote sprays and profile pages responsibly. Do not spam forums, email, etc. Do not cheat. Only unique downloads are counted, repeat downloads will not increase contest scores.
The "Leaderboard" displays the live contest standings. All participating members will appear with their username, eligible sprays and current score.
The contest time period is approximately 20 days. Starting on June 2nd, 2010 @ 5:00 PM EST and ending on June 22nd, 2010 @ 5:00 PM EST. Sprays can be submitted at anytime during this period. The leaderboard will automatically lock in the winners on June 22nd, 2010 @ 5:00 PM.
Do Not Cheat
Cheating is not tolerated. Download activity is logged and any unusual activity is flagged for further review. Gamesprays.com reserves the right to disqualify votes, sprays and if necessary, members. If you feel that someone may be cheating, please do not post accusations to the public forum. Send a private message to Gamesprays, or use the contact form. Thanks.
Here are a few step-by-step spray tutorials that will get you going.
1) Convert an Image into a Game Spray
2) Create a Spray with Transparency
2) Create an Animated Spray
3) Transparent Spray Video Tutorial for GIMP
You can find additional tutorials online and our forums are an ideal place to ask for advice.
Feel free to send any questions via the contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
By participating in the event, participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and regulations and the decisions of gamesprays.com are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this event.
No cash substitute or transfer of prizes is available. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Gamesprays.com, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Decisions of Gamesprays.com and the voting system are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this event. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted by email within 15 days of attempted first notification will forfeit his/her prize. Potential prize winner(s) and their parents/legal guardians may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release within 30 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Gamesprays.com at its sole discretion shall reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from the event if it reasonably believes that the Participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the event by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or abuses, threatens or harassment of any other Participants, Gamesprays.com employees and affiliates.
Limitations of Liability:
By entering, entrants agree to release Gamesprays.com, and their officers, directors, employees and agencies from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the event or their receipt or use of the event prize.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with acceptance and use of prize.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this event, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorney's fees. These Official Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this event are hereby excluded, and all Participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
Gamesprays.com will not be held responsible if for any reason the event is not capable of running or operating as planned due to infection by computer virus, fraud, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or force majeure that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this event. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the event, as solely determined by Sponsor, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or postpone the event until a later date. Sponsor assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or other failure of or related to the software platform on which the event is played, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this event.
Offer void where prohibited.